Monday, August 9, 2010

What a Day!

So i know i said i was going to tell you the story of my first week at site, and i will, but first i just want to give you a recap of my first day back at site.

So i started washing my clothes at 10:15am about 2hrs in (i had to literally wash every piece of clothing i have here, except for what i am wearing) and group of sheep showed up. They proceeded to drink the water from my buckets and when i started shooing them away one grabed my shirt as he ran away, he was munching on it by the time i reached him. After that escapade i continued washing. About a 2hrs later i had everything on the line except for 2 pairs of pants; so im ~4hrs in at this point. As im finishing the pants a herd of cattle comes through, i pay little attention. 5min later i look up and they are all gathered around my clothes, munching on them between bites of grass! So i yell at them and the boys who are herding them to go away! The boys get them moving and i approach the scene....some shirts and underwear are on the ground, dirty of course! Also, i notice one of my long sleeve shirts and a white T-shirt have COW SHIT all over them! Needless to say, i had to wash all of that again, bringing my grand total to 5hrs of hand washing my clothes!

So there you go! Just another day in the life of Porter the Peace Corps Volunteer....feel free to come and visit anytime! Haha.

P.s. All my knuckles are bleeding...oww!

F. Porter Nellans Jr. - From Kenya With Care

No comments:

Post a Comment